How To Start Mining Zephyr Protocol (ZEPH)
- 1 Download XMRIG miner (Windows, Linux): https://xmrig.com/download
- 2 Create wallet: https://wallet.zephyrprotocol.com
- 3 Run miner on
Regular miners, small to medium
stratum.ravenminer.com:4000 (recommended) initial difficulty 100K (100000) variable range [100-100M]
xmrig -a randomx -o stratum.ravenminer.com:4000 -u ZEPHYR3DcuGdZ4cYCFnTG6cWsugSuHcUdJ5tFuLausDM7khXM9V2YbKGvCgobHBAVLfxpAMfbDEmiVdahpyhxPtX8f6dvrgmgcD1Q.workerName
Large miners – NiceHash, MiningRigRentals, etc
stratum.ravenminer.com:4001 initial difficulty 2M (2000000) variable range [500K-100M]
xmrig -a randomx -o stratum.ravenminer.com:4001 -u ZEPHYR3DcuGdZ4cYCFnTG6cWsugSuHcUdJ5tFuLausDM7khXM9V2YbKGvCgobHBAVLfxpAMfbDEmiVdahpyhxPtX8f6dvrgmgcD1Q.workerName
Universal stratum (recommended)
stratum.ravenminer.com:4000 Allowing automatic selection of the best server in Europe, USA, or Asia based on optimal ping.
HiveOS Config example
Username and Password
Username is your ZEPH address, e.g.
Worker name can be separated by
Password can be empty or
ppsfor PPS payouts.
solofor SOLO mining.
Troubleshooting connection problems
Address any "Can’t connect" or "Can’t parse json" errors by checking your service provider, router, or firewall settings. In ASUS routers, consider disabling Two-Way IPS in the router Settings -> AiProtection.
Getting a wallet address
Before you can begin mining, you will need an address.
Obtain a ZEPH address from the web wallet https://wallet.zephyrprotocol.com or the desktop wallet https://github.com/ZephyrProtocol/zephyr/releases/tag/v1.0.2
Safeguard the mnemonic seed for wallet recovery.
Choosing and configuring miner software
Now that you have an address, you need to choose a miner software.
Select and configure miner software using examples provided in the Mining Software article. Mining Software
RavenMiner is a global pool and has stratum servers in 3 regions.
Universal Stratum (recommended)
stratum.ravenminer.com:4000 Automatically picks the best server in available regions (EU, USA, Asia) with the best
ping to the miner.
us.ravenminer.com:4000 USA (West, Oregon)
eu.ravenminer.com:4000 Europe (Frankfurt, Germany)
asia.ravenminer.com:4000 Asia (Singapore)
All stratums, universal and regional will automatically failover to another region in case of problems.
4000 is a VarDiff port which works for 99% of users.
SSL ports described below
The pool pays out outstanding balances every 3 hours. You can see the countdown in the Dashboard or Wallet page.
To check your balance, hashrate, past earnings, and payouts search for your mining address on top of the page.
The pool supports PPS and PPLNS payouts. If you use one of the commands above, you will be paid with PPS, which we believe is better for new miners or gamers.
Check out below for an explanation of the differences between the two modes.
Join Ravenminer Discord
You are always welcome to join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/Z3U9nAX
It’s a great place to get your questions answered and get support from admins.
The server also has a RavenMiner bot, which can help you change your minimal payout settings and generate bat files for your miner. To start using the bot, send +help to #bots channel.
Ravenminer supports PPLNS, PPS and SOLO payout methods.
- The default method is PPLNS.
- You can switch to PPS by adding “pps” to your miner password. If you already have something in your password, separate “pps” with a comma, e.g. “miner1,pps”
- You can switch to SOLO by adding “solo” to your miner password. If you already have something in your password, separate “solo” with a comma, e.g. “solo,BTC”
PPLNS stands for “Pay Per Last N Shares”
With this method, the pool pays miners for each valid block found. Miners get paid proportionally for their effort.
- Lower pool fee
- More coins in your wallet in the long run
- Earnings frequency depends on pool luck
- The pool needs to wait for the block to be confirmed by the network before paying it out
PPS stands for “Pay Per Share”
With this method, the pool pays miners for each submitted share.
- Earnings are more reliable, not affected by pool luck
- No need to wait for the block to be confirmed
- We update PPS earnings every 10 minutes.
- Higher pool fee needed to cover orphan blocks, shares for which still count toward PPS rewards
- About 0.5-1.5% fewer coins in your wallet in the long run
With this method, you can mine ZEPH alone, without other pool users. This method is not recommended for small to medium miners due the long time to find a block and high dependency on luck. You can combine SOLO mode and autoexchange!
- You can find a block if you lucky and take a full reward minus small fee.
- It can take days/months/weeks to find a block.
- You can get a bad luck and wait for too long to get a block reward compared with regular mining where you get a reward every block found by all users
We provide a variable difficulty stratum on port
4000, in addition to that we have nine static difficulty ports:
4000VarDiff (Small and Medium miners), initial difficulty 100k, variable range [100-100M]
4001VarDiff (Large miners, NiceHash, MRR, etc), initial difficulty 2M variable range [500K-100M]
14000SSL/TLS for 4000
14001SSL/TLS for 4001
These ports provide virtually static difficulty. If the miner sends too many shares per minute, in extreme cases, the difficulty will be adjusted to avoid overloading the server. All of these ports are available in all regions.
SSL / TLS Ports
In addition to TCP ports, we provide TLS (encrypted) ports.
The encrypted ports have a “1” in front of a regular TCP port number.
For XMRIG use
--tls option and
xmrig --tls -a randomx -o stratum.ravenminer.com:14000 -u ZEPHYR3DcuGdZ4cYCFnTG6cWsugSuHcUdJ5tFuLausDM7khXM9V2YbKGvCgobHBAVLfxpAMfbDEmiVdahpyhxPtX8f6dvrgmgcD1Q.workerName
For other miners make sure to reconfigure your miner to use SSL protocol
Embark on your mining journey with confidence, leveraging the professional and feature-rich environment provided by RavenMiner. Happy Mining!